21st June 2020 – Covid-19 Updates – Return to Play
We are working on re-opening the club in the safest and most efficient way.
We ask that everyone work together with us to ensure a safe Return to Play.
Over the next few days you will see regular updates on our Website, through your mentors and on our Social Media channels
The 3 most important requirements for returning to safe play are:
1. Complete the Online Health Questionaire
2. Complete the eLearning Module by clicking link below:
3. Ensure you have paid membership by clicking link below:
For further information, complete the online Gaelic Games Online Education Module (www.gaa.ie)
Below you will find the role of the Mentor, COVID Supervisor, Player & Parents for your preparation for returning. We ask that you familiarise yourselves with the requirements and if you have any questions please contact your team mentor, your COVID Supervisor or a member of the Committee.
Each team will have a designated COVID supervisor. They will
1. Be present at all training sessions – until further notice.
2. You will receive training and information on your exact role via the Gaelic Games online education module & from the Club.
3. Ensure all players have completed Health Questionnaires
4. Ensure all players have paid online membership
5. Ensure all players have completed online eLearning module
6. Ensure sanitising of facilities is completed before and after each training session of game (e.g. Toilets, door handles etc.).
7. Maintain records of attendees
8. Ensure players follow the 1 way system in place
9. Make necessary representations to Club Executive with regard to any Covid-19 concerns
10. Report any areas of non-compliance immediately to Club Executive and ensuring that these are addressed
11. Supervise training group sizes are no more than 15
The COVID Supervisor is responsible for keeping up to date on all relevant guidelines from HSE, HSA and Croke Park. In the case of a player or coaching personnel experiencing or displaying Covid-19 symptoms the Covid Supervisors inform the Club Executive. Equally, if there is a confirmed case or if they have been made aware of an individual with Covid-19 symptoms that needs to be reported immediately.
✔ Come ready to train
✔ Bring your own water bottle with name tag
✔ Complete the online health questionnaire
✔ Complete online learning module
✔ Ensure your membership is paid
✔ Please check in with COVID Supervisor
✔ Use hand sanitiser before entering the pitch
✔ One- way system for entering & exiting pitches
✔ Building closed – Use external toilets
✔ Notify players of training times & groups
✔ Ask players to come ready to train
✔ Ask players to bring own water bottle with name tag
✔ Ask players to complete the online health questionnaire
✔ Check that all players membership is paid
✔ Ask players to complete the eLearning module
✔ Familiarise yourself with the Medical Isolation Room
✔ Have masks for situations that involve close contact
✔ Ensure all players check in with COVID Supervisor
✔ Ensure training is in groups of 15 max.
✔ Ensure players use hand sanitiser before entering the pitch
✔ Brief players on one- way system for entering & exiting pitches
✔ Stagger use of toilets
✔ Finish training after 45 mins to allow your players leave before the next team arrive
✔ Where bibs are used, they are placed in a bag by the individual players & washed before following training session
Dressing Rooms & Meeting Rooms Closed
Toilets Open – Regularly Cleaned
Balls & Equipment Regularly Cleaned
Use Hand Sanitiser Before Entering Pitch
Keep Your Distance
One Way System in Place for training
Don’t delay – minimise contact
- All Parents/Guardians must ensure that Children/Youths attending Clubs or events are fully aware of the Guidelines enforced in the current phase by the Covid Supervisor.
- Parents/Guardians must ensure that the Covid Supervisor and team mentors are made fully aware in advance of any medical conditions a player may have.
- Parents/Guardians must ensure that their contact details are up-to-date and with the Club if contact has to be made.
Travelling to and from training:
- Players to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to session commencing and be collected immediately after training.
- Parents/Guardians must check the Player, and their own, temperature prior to departing for the venue.
- Players must not physically greet each other at any stage.
- Players should arrive togged ready to play as there will be no access to changing rooms.
- Parents/Guardians of Players with specific medical conditions can remain in car park in case of emergency, providing they adhere to all Guidelines in place in that phase.
Check In process
- Parents/Guardians should complete the Online Health Questionnaire on behalf of their children prior to attending the first session only. An online solution will be available for this process.
- Each Parent/Guardian will be required to confirm at each subsequent session to confirm the health status of their child has not changed.
- Parents/Guardians should not approach check in areas where possible and must adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
Clubhouse and facilities
- Parents/Guardians must ensure their children are fully kitted out when they arrive for the session as there will be no access to dressing rooms on site.
- All children should have their own equipment and must NEVER share that with anyone else. These items include water bottles, clothing, sun cream etc.
- Footballs and cones etc. will be provided at the session.
- Training areas will be divided into zones with Players/Coaches allocated to training within each zone.
- All Players to remain in socially distanced groups during breaks and not to mingle.
- Where necessary, toilet breaks will be staggered with no grouping and this should be organised prior to commencement of event.
- Access to dressing rooms is prohibited until notified differently so Parents/Guardians should be mindful of this when packing the Players bag.
- Players must leave immediately, and dressing rooms will not be accessible for anyone until notified differently.
- Players must shower at home and no access will be given to shower facilities in Clubs until guidelines are altered.
- Parents/Guardians should ensure that all kit and equipment is thoroughly cleaned.
Social distancing behaviours
- Parents/Guardians must ensure their children are aware of etiquette guidelines.
- Players and Parents/Guardians must refrain from handshakes and high fives.
- Practice good cough/sneeze etiquette and dispose of any used tissue in a responsible manner.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Remain apart from other Parents/Guardians during session.
- Social distancing is advised when travelling in vehicles to/from training.
- No spitting or clearing of nostrils on pitch or grounds.